Pietersen interviewed the Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli on Instagram Live today.
Kevin Peitersen has been doing social media lives with the likes of Kohli's limited-overs deputy Rohit Sharma and South Africa pace ace Dale Steyn over the past few days as the world observes virtual lockdown to beat the coronavirus pandemic.

VKohli on situation in India

Our response has been good. Apart from a few people, you must have seen the video, who do not respect the guidelines. I don’t know how it can happen. I hope people get sense into them and follow the guidelines. There needs to be unity in dealing with this issue.

Virat Kohli live


I knew I still needed to train if this goes on for longer. So I still have my Olympic bar, I still continue to work out.

KP to Kohli: You were always sitting next to the experienced players, always the inquisitive kinds.

V Kohli: Yeah it was a great opportunity. I wanted to learn from the big players. You came in at the prime of your career. There was Kallis, Dravid and so many others. I wanted to learn and be the best of myself. If someone told me 12 years later these will be your number I would have told him to get lost.

Kohli answers "Why has RCB not won an IPL title?"

Kohli said "Big players in the team, there will be attention on the team. With big players, we will always be in the focus. We have reached 3 finals, not won, but then, those things are irrelevant, until you win the title. Even with the best team, we have not win. There is a team goal, we deserve to win the title."

I think the more you try to do something, it tends to move away from you. I think we need to get the joy back into the team and not try and look to set goals.

Kohli on too much cricket

I take breaks, last 2-3 seasons, I took a break. Did not want to miss Test cricket, there was T20s which had no significance. 3 formats for nine years, along with captaincy for 6 years. It is not easy, for next 2 -3 years till the next World Cup, will give it all, then figure out which format suits me and all that.

Kohli on going vegetarian

Left eating meat just before the 2018 England Test series. When we went to South Africa in 2018, I got a cervical spine issue. Gave me a tingling sensation, hurting like mad. Could not sleep at night. My body was too acidic, creating too much uric acid. Bones got weaker, hence, stopped eating meat in the middle of England tour, have not felt better before. Never felt better waking up, never felt better recovering between Test matches.being vegetarian has completely changed. You feel lighter,your body changes.

Kohli on relationship with players

I will never sledge AB. I have known him so well. I can’t think of being in his face. We all need a bit of spice to be in that zone but not with guys you know so well.

Kohli on his most fun innings

I scored a century against KXIP in a match that was for 12 or 14 overs. I was hitting it so well. I just went on. I never felt like that before. I felt like I would never get out. That was fun.

Kohli on lowest point in career

The England tour in 2014. There is a time as a batsman when you know you will fail and you will not get runs. I used to wake up and know I would fail. It was the worst I have ever felt. It was tough. I promised myself that I will never allow me to let that happen to myself. It happened because I was so consumed about doing well from a personal point of view. I just felt I was in England and this was Test cricket and if I score runs here then I will establish myself. I was consumed by all that crap and that led to my downward spiral.

Kohli on getting KP’s wicket

I am the only bowler to have picked up a wicket without bowling a legitimate delivery. It was zero balls and one wicket. You were so embarrassed that you didn’t even look at me.

Kohli on favourite batting partner

Two people I have enjoyed most batting with, well I like to bat with people who run well and understand my calling. So with MS Dhoni for India and with AB de Villiers otherwise. With AB the partnership just flows. We don’t even talk cricket.

Kohli on fans

“Fandom comes with responsibility. I see a lot of backing and fun with love from fans. I am glad that people are able to show the fans on social media at times when others are not being able to. People push you to do better. Without fans, you would not getting motivation to do this everyday. Respect for all the fans, hats off to them.”

Virat Kohli answers fan questions

Picks Ronaldo over Messi, says he will never shave as he doesn’t look great without a beard. Best cricketing memory is winning the 2011 ICC World Cup. Kohli says no to KP’s invitation to join him to play golf.

Kohli on favourite form of the game

Test cricket for me is a representation of life. Playing Test cricket has made me a better person.

Watch the Video :